Kelley to Kelley is a peer mentoring program that matches incoming first year Kelley students with current sophomore, junior and senior Kelley students. Mentors are volunteers who want to embrace the School's tradition of paying it forward and share what they have learned with the next class of Kelleys. Mentors can help mentees feel less overwhelmed as they transition to college and navigate new academic challenges, manage stress and maintain wellness.
All incoming, directly admitted first-year Kelley students are invited and encouraged to participate. Mentees will complete a brief profile and be matched with an upper division Kelley student who has similar interests or experiences.
Keep an eye on your inbox to accept your invitation!
Why Become a Mentor?
- DEVELOP feedback and critical thinking skills
- SHARE what you have learned
- ADVANCE your leadership skills
- SUPPORT the next class of Kelley students
- MODEL techniques for maintaining balance and achieving success during the first year of college
Why Become a Mentee?
- BUILD your network at Kelley
- LEARN how to find balance as you adjust to college
- DEVELOP your leadership skills
- EXPLORE opportunities and define your priorities
- CONNECT with others who have common experiences
One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination. - John C. Maxwell